Sunday, May 17, 2009

Menu Plan Week of 5/17-5/23



The end of the school year has arrived! We are in the final week, and it is looking to be a quiet one. Last week I had big plans only to remember that it was a week filled of field trips, which meant that there was no time for any of my homemade goodies that I had planned. Not only that, but by the time I came home and tried to get something accomplished before the day was over--I had no desire to cook much of a dinner. No big deal--makes my plan a lot easier for this week! :) So this week there are lots of repeats.


Breakfast:

Dinners:

  • Sunday: Attended a Graduation Party.
  • Monday: Sesame Chicken. ($2) Sizzling Rice Soup. ($1.75) Fried Rice.(.25)($4)(8 servings=.50/ea)
  • Tuesday: Corned Beef and Cabbage. ($2.50) Green Salad from the garden. (Free!)(5 servings=.25/ea)
  • Wednesday: Ground Beef Gyros ($1.75) (trying HM Pitas (.75) ). Pasta Salad ($2) ($4.50)(8 servings=.56/ea)
  • Thursday: Reubens on HM Rye Bread. ($3) Salad (some from the garden) (.25)($3.25)(5 servings=.65/ea)
  • Friday: Buffalo Chicken pizza and BBQ Chicken Pizza on this crust. ($7) Cream Cheese Dessert Pizza (Recipe Coming Soon!) ($1.75) Leftover Salad. ($8.75)(10 servings=.88/ea)
  • Saturday: Leftovers.

Snacks;

Total Cost: $23 Average Price Per Serving: .64/ea

For more menu ideas head on over to Menu Plan Monday.

8 comments:

a busy mom getting through life said...

HI, can you post some of the simply receipes that you use?
Thanks

SnoWhite said...

awesome, especially that lemon curd!! have a great week.

Niki Jolene said...

Buffalo chicken pizza...wow!

:)

Rachel @ springpad said...

Your meals look great! Especially the sesame chicken and the different homemade pizzas... I'm impressed with how much money you save on food, I just moved into my apartment (with my own kitchen!) and definitely need to work on eating for less money. You should check out springpad's weekly meal planner - it's a great way to organize all of your menus and recipes, I think you'll really like it!

Jami said...

Ooooo, I love the crepes and banana idea! I'm a little intimidated by crepes. Good luck with your busy week.

SnoWhite said...

just saw a great recipe for lemon-raspberry cake (made with lemon curd)! you can find that recipe at http://stopnsmellthechocolates.blogspot.com/2009/05/cake-week-day-2-tea-for-two-sday.html

Also, I've left a bloggy award for you... stop by my cooking blog :)

Stephanie said...

We love steel cut oats. I eat them uncooked though. I soak them overnight in water, drain in the am, and run it through my food processor with some blueberries and coconut oil. Yum! I will have to try the crockpot method too. It looks delicious!

Cascia Talbert said...

I wish I was that organized. I still don't know what I am making for dinner tonight. My family loves Steel Cut Oats too. We top it with yogurt, fresh fruit and flax seed meal.